Thursday, June 17, 2010

Great New Music: Washed Out

Life of Leisure - Coming out July 6th

I've been listening to this guy's song, "You and I" nonstop since I got it.  Ernest Greene from South Carolina has a way with minimalistic syth sounds that provides the feeling of taking a very relaxing and amazing drug experience.  I mean, what I would guess would be equivalent to an awesome and relaxing drug experience.  You can hear similarities to the band Air in his songs especially with some similar synth sounds he shoots out. His voice is perfect for his music and it just enhances the journey his songs tend to lead you on.  I love when an artist is able to match his voice perfectly to the music, creating some beautiful songs.  I would be extremely happy if this guy makes a stop in our town but the way he seems to be blowing up, I might have to make a trip to Milwaukee to catch him.

Life of Leisure

No comments:

Post a Comment