Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summerfest hopefuls

I can't tell you how difficult it has been wading through so many really crappy sounding bands that will be playing at Summerfest this year.  I don't mean crappy like they can't play their instruments or the guys voice isn't on pitch.  No, I mean if you can stand 11 days of forumlaic and boring music with whiney whispering/breathy male vocals , then you would be set.  I do have to say that I mainly checked out bands that I thought I would like, those that are playing the "emerging artists"/ indie/emo stage.  I'm not big into country and rap music has to be pretty damn good for me to care.  But the cover bands for some really great classical rock bands has got me interested and I am pretty excited that Rush is performing though I wonder if they are still as good as they were.  Either way, I compiled by day some bands I think you may like/already enjoy.  If you have other gems among dirt type of bands I might have missed, Please let me know in comments.

June 24th

Kool and the Gang (How can you go wrong there)
Tokyo Police Club
Passion Pit
Sheryl Crow (Not really my thing, but she is playing with General admissions.  And isn't she banging some   hot guy?)

Side Note:  The Cellular Stage where Passion Pit will be headlining will be the official bad emo stage.  Mechanical Kids really sounds and looks like a Justin Bieber led kind of band. LOL.  Looking at their band photo on their Myspace is good for a laugh.

June 25th
 Surgeons in Heat (Wisconsin Band you may see outside Summerfest, but seriously one of the better bands there)
Pink Floyd USA (I don't care if they are a cover band.  IT'S FUCKING PINK FLOYD!  'nough said)

June 26th

Hey, I really like the lineup on the Cellular Stage this day

Cage The Elephant - (Straight up Rock and Roll)
The London Souls (R N B, Rock N Roll)
The Ferocious Few - (Rockabilly, Old Country/Bob Dylan sounding)
Violent Soho - (90's Grunge) 

and for something different T

Thievery Corporation (Jazz/Electronic/DJ)
Hey Champ (Dance/Electronic/Indie)

June 27th

Civil Twilight (possibly good) Don't stick around for Neon Trees unless you like radio rock
B.B King - Come on, A LEGEND. 

 

1 comment:

  1. The Kids Saving Kids Campaign and Becca Levy are still looking for a few good musicians in Wisconsin. If you want to help raise awareness of drunk driving prevention with your music, visit www.ksk.stopddnow.com. You must be the age of 18 or under and have an original recorded song.

    Get more information and submit your music to www.ksk.stopddnow.com

    For more on Becca Levy, visit www.beccalevy.com

    Save Lives with Your Talent!

    ReplyDelete