Sunday, February 14, 2010

Cold Cave

 
February 26 at Project Lodge
  
     Originally from my home area, Philly, PA, Cold Cave now resides in Manhattan, possibly to get some of that Brooklyn vibe that seems to be all the rage these days. Cold Cave is composed of Wesley Eisod, Caralee McElroy (from Xiu Xiu) and Dominick Fernow. Just in case you want to say hi to them before and after the show. Speaking of such, I hope there is room to get in. This band I'm thinking will bring a pretty decent crowd.
Cold Cave reminds me of a more danceable less punky version of Crystal Castles. There is distortion used on the voices giving them an echo and 80's goth kind of sound to them. Doing some research, I guess the term for this type of music is "Darkwave".
Behind the vocals are some fun dancey beats that will even more remind someone of 80's Joy Division. Actually that last bit was how a friend of mine described them. Their debut album was released on Matador Records (say hello to Brad Oberhofer for me!) and is titled “Love Comes Close.”

Love Comes Close
Life Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment