Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Phantogram

April 18th at High Noon Saloon

   Not only am I excited that Phantogram is coming to Madison.  I'm also excited that they are opening for The Antlers who I saw last year and I'm excited to see again.  I'll write up something about them in a later post.  I also believe that  Phantogram is another band that Ryan Lucas turned me on to.  I at least remember him telling me I should check them out if they swing on through Wisconsin.   
   
Phantogram is a duo consisting of Sarah Barthel and Josh Carter.  Considered an electronic music band, Sarah brings the breathy female vocals while Josh lays down some amazing beats.  Sarah's vocals remind me of Alison Goldfrapp's, who is the lead singer of Goldfrapp.  Her voice fits in perfectly with the music, crooning at the listner as in their song When I'm Small.  Everywhere I searched Phantogram on the web, people said that their live performances were amazing.  If anything, seeing this band and The Antlers together has to be one of the first ultimate shows this year.  I can guarantee that they will blow up either this year or next, so see them now at such a great venue while you can.


These are all live videos

Let Me Go    

No comments:

Post a Comment