Monday, February 15, 2010

Woodhands

March 28 at The Frequency

    There's something about Canadians that makes me feel like they are lovable misfits who break grounds in social evolution. What better thing to reflect a society or culture but the music.  Alanis Morsette, Tegan and Sara, Kids in the Hall (they had some songs) all are beautiful, beautiful Canadians.  Well, here is another Canadian group that will make you want to pack up and move.
       Woodhands is composed of Dan Werb and Paul Banwatt.  And their music is composed of dancey electrowave with passionate and sometimes punk -ish vocals.  Which is kind of how I like my crazy dance music.  They performed a few years ago at Project Lodge and I can say I'm really happy they are coming back to Madison.  Their debut album, Heart Attack, puts out the beats with some amazing tracks.  I Wasn't Made For Fighting being one of them.  So listen to these attractive boys and hope you come out to the show at the Frequency.

Heart Attack (2008)

I Wasn't Made For Fighting
Can't See Straight

No comments:

Post a Comment