Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Har Mar Superstar

 
April 2nd at Annex

   Awww....  Har Mar Superstar.   What wonderfulness can you bring to our fair city?  This beautiful man with an angelic voice was introduce to me by my coworker along the same time I was introduced to Leslie and the Lys.  When I first heard him, I couldn't figure out how he wasn't bigger then he was.  He has a great voice.  His music is catchy and danceable.   Then I actually sawpictures of him and saw how sleazy some of his antics were on stage.  Although that actually gives him more credit with what I like to call the Peaches crowd, I can see how mainstream music wouldn't care for it too much. 

  Har Mar Superstar is the essence of Pop.  I would go so far as to say that he takes all of the great things that describe pop and masters them into his songs.  It's all usually about shagging or trying to get this or that person to fall for you.  He will throw in some great background female vocalists to oooh and ahhh him just enough to have the audience member picture Har Mar covered in beautiful women.  I mean, if you actually want to visualize that.  

His newest single from his new album  Dark Touches, Tallboy is a great song that should definitely get more airplay then it has.  When I spoke to him during his last visit, I mentioned how many of the people in the audience for his show were gay men and how he felt that his performance and songs seems to be appreciated more by them.  He admitted this was true, and I feel that his song Tallboy was an ode to his gays.  Should you see him live?  Yes.  Though I recommend if you are a female in the college age range that you don't stand too close to the stage or you may get a face full of sweaty underwear or worse, a Har Mar Superstar who wants to make out with you.

Dark Touches (2009)


 The Handler (2004)

No comments:

Post a Comment