Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My Gold Mask

Headlining Lakeshorepalooza 
Friday, April 30 at Union Terrace

I first heard this band from my friend Joe in Chicago.  He put something up on his facebook of  My Gold Mask doing a cover of Bette Davis Eyes and I seriously listened to the song 5 times consecutively.  It was amazing.  And I didn't even know it was a cover until later, but it isn't just the lyrics.  The vocals hit my pleasure sensors just right.  

Gretta Rochelle has that female voice that I love.  When you hear her voice, you are just waiting for it to explode into the air.  It's full of power and full of beauty.  And I love that she is using for this type of music.

Jack Armondo is labeled on their Myspace as being only on guitars but there is much more to the music then a guitar.  By the picture above it actually looks like Gretta also does the percussion in their songs.  Something about front singing women singing and beating on something at the same time wows me.  Anyway, this is a GREAT headlining act for this small music fest and with the venue of the Terrace, it should create an awesome night. 


Video

No comments:

Post a Comment