Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Blog!

I have to be up front. My main reason for doing this blog is to keep my writing skills in check, which being out of college now for a number of years, has severely deteriorated. I'm very glad these blogs have spell checks.

So what I want to do with this blog is to write about different artists I come across, old and new, and to report not only on their music but also on background information. For starters I'm going to try and focus on bands who are touring and coming to our fair town of Madison. In the music dead zone of winter, where tours seem scarce, I'll probably write some articles on bands that newly appear on my radar as well as new albums released by current favorite bands of mine. I also usually attend some big music festival in the summer and will try and write up on some amazing artists that will be performing at whichever festival I'm going to.

My hopes is that maybe I can get good enough at writing these things to be linked on Dane101. But judging on this first entry, I may have a few months to go.

4 comments:

  1. :-) It's my fall project to keep me busy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the name of the blog as you don't drink. I think you should change it to "attracted hitting" or something :)

    Thanks for all the tunes! I'm going to use this blog to keep me up to date on upcoming shows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. I will get over my hitting of boys. That's my other project.

    ReplyDelete