Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Gossip


Saturday, October 17 at Majestic Theatre
W/ MEN (featuring J.D. from Le Tigre)

Not only am I a big Gossip fan, but I can't believe J.D. who I think is extremely attractive is also performing there with his new DJ group, MEN.  And what can I say but this is definitely going to be a huge Lesbian lovefest with so much attractive lesbians on stage.  And I'm extremely excited to be in the thick of it all. 

I found out about the Gossip the last time they were in town which I believe was 2006 at the Annex.  It wasn't that crowded but The Gossip put on one hell of a show.  Not only that, but Beth Ditto, the lead singer totally hung out with us after the show as she was smoking out doors.  How someone with a voice like her can smoke is beyond me.  My first album of theirs was Standing in the Way of Control.  A remix of the title song from that album was used to promote a new TV show in the U.K. called SKINS.  The video of that trailer can be seen here.  It's also how I was introduced to Skins and now it's one of my favorite TV shows. 

But it isn't just her voice that will blow you away.  Her live performances make you feel the passion behind her songs and it is a rare crowd that can't get up and dance/mosh/or jump up and down vigorously. I left pretty sweaty after her performance at the Annex and I know for sure I will leave in the same condition at the Majestic.

Songs that are a must listen/see.

Standing in the Way of Control (2006)

Standing in the Way of Control (look at her strut!  Amazing!)
Yr. Mangled Heart (performed at a huge Fashion Show)

Music for Men (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment