Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MC Frontalot

Monday May 17th at High Noon

I can't believe I forgot to mention MC Frontalot in my blog.  I'm sure Neil and Hannah would have been slightly upset that I didn't mention this very talented and very dorky rapper who is coming to the High Noon Saloon next week.  
MC Frontalot is one of the founders of a sub genre of rapping called Nerdcore.  MC Frontalot cointed the term in 2000.  It's pretty much just how it sounds, with rappers breaking it down on such hot topics as Star Wars, mathematical equations, shyness and isolation, and all that is reveled in the geek society.  I remember that a precursor to the Forward Music Festival two years ago, there was a huge group of Nerdcore rappers performing at the Cardinal.  And for me being someone who doesn't necessarily like rap, I really enjoyed myself.  I guess if you rap about more innocuous stuff like your love for Star Trek and how electronic media is overated then I guess I will like you.  So if you like rap, computers and or Science Fiction, then you should head out and see this Maestro at work.

Oh, and you can get a lot of free MP 3's on his website if you want to check him out before going out. 

Some Rhymes from MC Frontalot.  

1 comment:

  1. Upset doesn't even begin to describe the disappointment I would have been facing if you'd forgotten MC Frontalot.

    For serious though, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad excited to see him. I'm sure that makes me a MAJOR dork, but whatever. I can deal with that.

    ReplyDelete