Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yeasayer and Sleigh Bells at Majestic April 28



Yeasayer played to sold out show at the Majestic, and other then the extremely expensive drinks ($3 for water, come on) the show was great.  Openers were Sleigh bells who I thought had everything down except their stage show.  Sleigh Bells are so similar to Crystal Castles, that throughout the show I kept wanting them to turn on a fog machine and have crazy strobe lights flashing just to remind me of the Crystal Castles show I was at.  But just having her up on stage screaming and him bopping his guitar up and down seem to take away from the craziness and punk feeling of their songs. 

The crowd really loved her though and kept moshing towards her as she sauntered from one end of the stage to the other.  What made their songs more then anything was the bass beats that were laid down behind the guitar and her vocals.  Wow.  Those beats were fierce!!  Definitely wish I had earphones and was pressed against the speakers for them.   One big disappointment though was that they didn't seem to have any CD's for sale and didn't have anyone selling their stuff throughout the whole show.  Boo.  But I definitely recommend acquiring their music online if you can.

Yeasayer came on and the crowd was ready to start dancing.  This is the third time seeing them and I can definitely say they were right on with their songs and their stage presence.  And I got to see my lover who I think his name is Anand Wilder.  Correct me if I'm wrong though.
This guy isn't just beautiful, he has the best voice out of everyone in the band.  Swoon. 

I really like that this band now has two great albums behind them because I can only think of maybe one or two songs that I didn't like during this whole show.   But they played all their single hits and the crowd loved every moment of it.  Especially the guy beside us who kept screaming throughout the entire show while doing some kind of finger puppetry to every lyric within their songs.  Kind of adorable.  Kind of annoying.  We got a laugh out of it.  
And to top off the night, we got to drink with our new pal Bruce, who if you go see a show at the Majestic, you should look for sitting outside of Woof's across the street.  Bruce is great fun! 


1 comment: