Tuesday, November 3, 2009

New Band Sun...um Monday: Cymbals Eat Guitars


Cymbals Eat Guitars: Why There Are Mountains

  I saw these guys at Forward Music Fest and wanted to do more research on them.  This was an amazing show at the Orpheum Stage Door.  I was expecting more punk bands with guitars playing only 3 chords and lots of screaming.  But this band hit me with musical qualities from different genres but qualities that I really like.  One moment they would go off on some psychedelic/atmospheric musical interlude to be broken up with some hard yelling/screaming of lyrics, and then go back to an accoustic folky sound.  Wow.  Compared to Pavement (a band I've been told I should check out) this is definitely a band you want to see live just to be amazed how their musical style can change instantly on stage from rockish to folky.  Anyway, check out these songs from their current album.

Why There Are Mountains (2009)


No comments:

Post a Comment