Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Music Saturday Night, Cause I'm Lame: Evangelicals


Evangelicals: The Evening Descends (2008)

   I stumbled upon this band when I was looking up bands for my Halloween compilation.  Luckily they had a few songs off their The Evening Descends album that fit nicely into the Halloween spirit.  What is awesome though is that all of their other songs on this album are really amazing.  I feel like I heard of this band the first time when they were opening up for Headlights, who I really don't care.  Hence, I didn't get to see them play.  I definitely would have put this album on my "end of the year best album" list if I had known.  But, I'm a year late and I'm sure the two people who read my blog have already known about these guys for awhile.  I do hope that they play again sometime soon in Madison, cause I would love to check them out.
      Speaking of "End of the Year" lists, apparently Amazon.com already has theirs up.  Yup, all just shit from here till December, so might as well as make the list up now.  Well, and I guess it is mainly to sell those albums during the great consumer holiday.  If you want to see who they voted for #1 (really?), the link is HERE.
        Oh, and I know it doesn't take a brainiac to compare Owl City to a bad ripoff of Postal Service.  I am glad though that other music reviewers websites are also commenting on this.  I feel like it is similar to the Monkeys copying the Beatles.  Owl City can't come close to Postal Service, but for some reason, the masses don't care so much.  For their lovely critique, click HERE  .  I like when Pitchfork's bitchy-ness is in agreement with me. 

The Evening Descends (2008)


Midnight Vignettes (Video)
The Halloween Song
Here Comes Trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment