Monday, April 19, 2010

Generationals


May 3rd at Turner Hall Ballroom
w/ Apples In Stereo

   I really had only heard one song from them, the song that I'm going to put below, and instantly fell in love with them.  You know, I was wondering, I wish there were more groups that would sound like that old, motown sound.  You know, kind of like Sharon Jones.  And then I got this mix from the interwebs and I heard The Generationals.  At first I was picturing another beautiful black female doing the vocals and some stylish black men accompanying her on some guitars and drums.  Then I saw their picture and I was like, wait, this music is coming from them.  Totally throwed me off.  But I love the music and I love what this band has to offer.  And it probably will decide for me to see Apples in Stereo in Milwaukee
Con Law (2009)



1 comment:

  1. PS. Not as good as I thought they would be. The only songs I really liked were when the keyboardist sang. Kind of disappointing.

    ReplyDelete