Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Surgeons in Heat



 
April 23 at The Frequency

I saw these guys open up for Woodhands and can say that I have another local Wisconsin band that I enjoy. Again, as some of you know, I have a soft spot for a male lead singer that sings in falsetto. I also have a soft spot for local talented bands.  So they have two for two there.  As they took the stage before Woodhands, the guitarist of Surgeons in Heat admitted that he was "Really fucked up" and the lead singer also seemed overly intoxicated.  He could barely open his eyes as he held on tight to the microphone.  And as they performed theirs songs, what was supposed to sound more like pop rock turned into more of a mellow rock.  But as "fucked up" as he was, the lead singer was still able to hit that falsetto and belt out some great songs.  Here's another "local" band I'd recommend you checking out.  




No comments:

Post a Comment