Saturday, April 10, 2010

Let's Wrestle!


April 16th at the Annex
w/ Quasi
I might have a soft spot for British bands, this I admit.  Especially when they come from the great big isle across the ocean to play in our landlock state of Wisconsin.  I also haven't been disappointed yet from seeing a show from a band from the UK.  It's true.  

I admit that I knew that Quasi was playing at the Annex but of the few songs I heard from them, nothing really stuck out as being amazing.  I do have to admit having Janet Weiss, the drummer of Sleater Kinney, performing in your band really kind of bumps it up a notch.  The music doesn't have to be that spectacular to get me to buy a ticket to see the beautiful and amazing Janet banging away at lightening speeds on her drums.  But I still wasn't sold on this show.  Hey, I'm a poor guy who needs to make sure his money can be spread out for all the shows he wants to see in the Spring and Summer.  Already I've spent close to $400 including Sasquatch.  So I'm picky.  

But then I saw that Let's Wrestle is playing at this show.  I will say that their music doesn't stand out all that much for me.  But I've seen their band pop up on quite a few mixtapes that I have come across to the point where I'm really curious to see them now.  Let's Wrestle are three dudes singing some basic rock music.  Sometimes there is some more performance additions other then the guitar riffs and drums, such as looping and distortion.  But all in all, these guys are primarily the straight up rock sound with of course a lead singer with a British Accent.  OK, I'm sold! 

Let's Wrestle



No comments:

Post a Comment