Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Janelle Monae!!! Forget the last post. See this Woman!


April 23 at the Union Terrace

   I love this woman.   I saw her at Bonnaroo last year and she was one of the best acts that I saw.  This woman has amazing, fun beats.  She has great lyrics and has one of the best voices I've heard in a long time.  At the show I saw at Bonnaroo, she demonstrated how she was musically trained in opera, wowing the crowd with a short operatic piece.  She also proceeded to do a painting on stage while singing another one of her songs where at the end, she threw it into the audience (glad no one got their eye knocked off).  All in all, this may be one of my big highlights of the season, and a GREAT way of kicking of my three large concerts in under a week.   Check out her music and videos and see you at the Union!!
Metropolis: The Chase part 1


The Archandroid (May 18th)

Tightrope (Video)

No comments:

Post a Comment