Monday, October 19, 2009

David Bazan


Tuesday, October 27 at High Noon Saloon

I'm not usually a big Singer-Songwriter fan, but when I was researching this guy I really became intrigued on his history.  He just recently did an interview on NPR that you can listen HERE.  His father was a musician and a reverend which set the foundation for David's future.  He became a musician and formed the band, Pedro the Lion which was a Christian Indie rock band from Seattle.  But then David Bazan started questioning his faith which was a major part of his musical and personal life.  He soon developed a drinking problem to cope with these life altering feelings and soon Pedro the Lion broke up.  Now David Bazan is touring solo with a backup band for his new album Curse Your Branches which is autobiographical in telling of David's new feelings about Christianity and about his low period trying to figure himself out.  Listening to this, it is softer and slower then what I usually like to listen to, but I really like David's voice and really like that his songs are about this subject matter then some typical romance songs by other Singer-Songwriters. 
Also check out the opener, Say Hi (Formerly known as Say Hi to Your Mom!).  I saw them at the Project Lodge I believe in 2007 and had a fun time.  It was also memorable because it was one of the first live shows I went to with Cheng and Shane.  Awww...memories.


And some songs from Say Hi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment