Monday, October 5, 2009

Noah and the Whale


Wednesday, October 28 Noah and the Whale 
Majestic Theatre
w/ Robert Francis

This band is one of the main reasons I decided to do this blog.  This band has been one of my all time favorites since last year.  I like to check out the La Blogotheque  blog for bands I haven't heard of before.  What I like most about La Blogotheque is that they choose bands with distinct and beautiful vocals because on their TakeAway shows, the voice doesn't get lost within the music.  I also enjoy that they are taking amazing music and for the most part, taking them to public streets and parks and sharing them with everyone.
Noah and the Whale is one of those bands that I found.  I admit, I find Charlie Fink more then slightly attractive including his amazing voice.  I also really liked that the band looks like these hip kids that would play some sort of dancy electronic club music and instead plays these beautiful, melodic heart breaking songs.  I'm more and more a sucker for cute guys singing love songs, I admit.

Here are some songs from Noah and the Whale.  Their new CD, The First Days of Spring , will be released tomorrow in the U.S. and has already made it pretty big on the U.K. charts. Noah and the Whale created a movie to go with their newest album, and knowing their affinity for Wes Anderson films, I'm sure it will be a heart breaker. 

This will be a cheap show to see such an amazing British band.


Peaceful, The World Lays Me Down (2008)


No comments:

Post a Comment