Friday, October 9, 2009

Solid Gold


Friday, October 16 at Memorial Union
Awwww....Synth Pop, I will never stop loving you.  These guys have become known worldwide without the help of a major label.  That's saying alot in this day and age where there always seems to be an abundant amount of new music hitting the scene.   What's even better is that these guys are from Minneapolis, so they do get down here to play a few times a year which is pretty amazing.  What's also kind of amazing, is that they are playing for free on October 16th at the Union. I believe I first saw these guys in 2005 on New Years Eve.  I remember that because I was with someone very special that night and I remember having an amazing time at the now defunct King's Club with him.  At the time, I barely knew anything about them, but I remember them being a part of making that an amazing night.
WUD compares their music to Cut Copy and/or Phoenix, but I don't know if I would go that far.  Their music is fun, but they don't necessarily make me want to go crazy like songs from those former bands.  Anyway, Check out these sounds and check them out on Friday.


Bodies of Water (2008)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment