Thursday, October 15, 2009

White Denim


Thursday, November 5th at High Noon Saloon
w/ Brazos

I haven't posted much rock on this blog since I have been in more of a syth pop dancey mood the last few months.  But this band's name kept popping up on my radar and when I saw that they were coming to the High Noon, I thought I would mention them here.  Now I'm no enemy of Rock.  If I could make sweet love to the The Black Lips, I would. Even if Cole then proceeds to vomit on me.  And I do prefer Beth Ditto screaming in punk fashion over her more tame incarnation as a disco diva.  So here is my rocking contribution to the blog.  And for the record, rock bands with nerdy looking members is definitely a plus.
        This band is interesting because their rock expands from gritty to poptacular to experimental and trippy.  And I have to say I like most of these rock styles (although I like my synth with pop, I don't like my rock with pop) there isn't too many bands that try to do all of them.  And I should say do them well.  This is one of those bands.  And with some of their jazzy numbers, I'm sure there will be some horns involved somewhere during the show. 

Explosion (2008)

FITS (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment