Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson



Saturday, November 14 at Memorial Union



       I'm glad that the Wisconsin Union Directorate (WUD) released bands coming to the last half of this semester.  I was running out of bands to blog about that were playing shows here in town.  To see their full lineup, click on their link on the right----->(Music at the Union Terrace)
        I never subscribed to music magazines before being more of a video game nerd then a music nerd.  But I found out that I can get a free year long subscription of Spin Magazine just for going to Bonnaroo which makes for a good perk for shelling out $250 for their event.  I like their magazine and I like most of their recommendations for up and coming bands (Helllllo  The Drums).  They did a full article on Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson (MBAR) and mentioned his workings with Kyp Malone (see my post on that mastermind below) and how most of his songs are about self deprecation and his failing in life.  My type of guy.  So now that I see he is coming to the Union in November, I thought I would check out his Myspace page.  And though some songs have that singer song writer forlorn sound, some of the songs are really pretty great.  Defining himself as folky, psychedelic and grunge on his Myspace page, just listening to a few of his songs you can see how he does touch on all of those subgenres.  It's a free show so it would be pretty lame not to check it out.


Summer of Fear (2009)

The Sound (soft)
Buriedfed (harder, you can definitely hear Kyp's influence on this)
Woodfriend (now you got my "attention")

1 comment:

  1. very nice. i was thinking about posting The Sound sometime this week.

    Youre on a [blog] roll Shawm!

    ReplyDelete