Monday, October 26, 2009

The Dials


Thursday, December 31 at High Noon Saloon

I fell in love with this band when they played at the High Noon on my birthday.  They were amazing and everytime I have seen them since I have enjoyed their show.  The Dials are a girl rock band (with one male member) who create a strong sound with their music and with their vocals.  Being a fan of grrrl riot, I would put them under a water down version of that but in a more pop-y sort of way.  It's hard to say who the lead vocalist is, but she reminds me a great deal of Corin Tucker from Sleater Kinney.  The songs aren't always about women dominating men though.  The song Antonio is an ode to a boy which seems flirtatious one moment and slightly threatening the next. 
This is one of my favorite "local" bands even though they are from Chicago.  I wish I could find more songs of them but there isn't much online.

Flex Time

Amoebe Amore (2008)

No comments:

Post a Comment