Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Owl City


Tuesday, January 26 at Majestic Theatre
w/ Lights & Deas Vail

 I was going to blog about Owl City later this year, but since I've been hearing his song "Fireflies" on the radio everywhere I go, I thought that I might as well mention him. His music really reminds me of Postal Service and almost seems to fill the void that Postal Service has left after not releasing any more albums.  But instead of harmonizing vocals with some lady friend, Owl City (Adam Young) does all of his own vocals and music. 
I do like his music but I feel like it gets very repetitious after awhile.  And he has that breathy singing that I like in moderation, but if each song feels like you are giving me sappy eyes while singing about weird romantic stuff, I'm not sold.  Unless you are a tall norweigian.  Then please, for all purposes, keep singing. 

Ocean Eyes (2009) 

2 comments:

  1. I just saw that their show in Madison is already SOLD OUT. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. Postal Service rip off. Where's my Auto Tune and my high school student sounding lyrics? I'm going to start my own band/electronic singer songwriter group. :-)

    ReplyDelete