Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday/Monday New Bands: Atlas Sound


Atlas Sound (Bradford James Cox) - Logos

This dude isn't new.  And I can say that I wish I had seen more of his set when he came to Madison for the Forward Music Festival then waiting for YACHT to go on.  First thing you notice about this guy, I doubt you will meet anyone skinnier then this guy.  This guy wears skinny jeans just so they look normal on his legs.  He actually suffers from something called Marfan Syndrome which is a new disorder for me.  I like disorders.  Not that I suffer, but in general.  Anyway, I did see some of Atlas Sound's set and I think this guy is not only really amazing musically, but a great guy in person. 
       His music isn't anything new but still very beautiful.  He is also frontman for the band Deerhunter.  Although it sounds like a lot of synthesize music, when he performs he uses an accoustic guitar for the most part and has some kind of distortion hooked up to it to get that weird sound.  Anyway, if you like cute pop with some unique distortion to it, then check out some of his songs.

Logos (2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment